This post contains affiliate links.
Self Care is so important when you are in a relationship. It is so easy to get comfortable and let yourself go. I know, I did this for years after getting married.
I want to share a few tips with you on how to take care of yourself.
- Your body is to be loved. Love on your big lips, freckled face, the curve in your back and your skin color. Once you can effectively love all of you, you can love all of other people.
- No more comparing yourself. Look, I know I will never be a size 2. I had to be okay with this. My neighbor is super skinny but has high blood pressure and cholesterol, but looking at her, you would think she was healthy.
- Get counseling. I shared this is a previous post. I’m sharing it again because it is that important. Stop dragging your feet and call to get your EAP authorization number for your free appointments.
- Eat right! Add more green stuff to your diet. Choose Mrs. Dash Salt-Free seasonings instead of the other stuff. Drink water. I purchased a water bottle with a fruit infuser.
- Move your body. Listen sis, YOU’VE GOT TO MOVE SOMETHING! It really is that simple. I have a FitBit and I use the Nike+ app on my phone and I get my steps done in the house.
I watched a 2-hour documentary the other day and by the time I was done, I walked 7 miles. I was sweaty and I was happy. Head outside and walk you neighborhood. Just bundle up. You can do this if you want to.
- Purge your underwear drawer. Girlfriend, you know you got panties in there that have seen their last days, If they are stretched out, have the rubber strings poking out of them or are just ugly, throw them away, TODAY! Get some cute lace panties; they even have cotton ones, and keep it moving. Bras that are missing underwires and the straps no longer offer support need to go in the trash immediately. Do this today for yourself.
- Purge your jammie drawer. Sister, please rid your jammie drawer of big tee-shirts and sweat pants. Get you a few cute night gowns that are sexy yet sassy. I have cute ones that are sexy(one has a racer-back that hubby loves) but okay enough to wear around the house in front of the kids.
- Invest in smell good stuff. Ladies, I know if I smell good, it makes my feel good. I love natural stuff from black owned business Naturally Me & You. I love Rita and her scents. She even made a scent for my Kiss & Play Box.
- Do your nails and toes. I love the colors from black businesses Pear Nova and EA Polish.
- Add some tint to your lips and/or eyes. I love lip color but I’m highly allergic. I use colors from black owned businesses such as The Lip Bar, Just Lovely Lipstick, and TAJJ Cosmetics. My eye shadow is from TAJJ and MOVE Makeup. I love their colors since they are all natural. I also invested in Move Makeup concealer and foundation. I love how it stays all day long and looks natural.
All of the above will make you feel good and when you feel good, you will live with more confidence. So, take care of yourself starting today.